You can manage the basic course information and options from the Course Info View.
Locate the “Make Changes” button on the Course Info page.
In the new window, make desired changes. You can choose whether the course is discoverable in the course catalog and published with these settings.
Discoverable in Catalog
The “Discoverable in Catalog” field allows you to toggle course visibility within the course catalog.
- Off: This option will keep the course private. This means that the course will not show up in the public course catalog. No one will be able to enroll in the course unless you provide them with the course redemption code.
- On: This will allow the course to display in the course catalog. This means that when a site user clicks on the course catalog, the course will display and the learner can view basic course information and enroll in the course.
This option defines when the course becomes available for learners to begin.
- Draft: This option makes the course invisible to learners while you create and edit your course; however, if you want to allow early enrollment, you can set the course Status to “Draft” and Discoverable to “On.” This will allows learners to enroll, but the content will remain invisible.
- Published: This option allows the course to be fully available to users.
- Publish on Start Date: This option sets the course to be in course preview mode until the defined start date and time, at which time it will then become fully available to users.
Basic Course Information
Add a course preview video with a URL.
Locate your course title, ID, and description. Click “Edit.” Here, you can edit all fields mentioned above, and can also create and add categories to your course.
If you add a category, this will create the category or add the course to the existing category in the course catalog. This allows users to easily search and find courses based on this tag.
Add your course image within the Course Info View.
- Click on the “Edit” button next to “Assets.”
- Upload the desired image.
- Crop your image.
- Click “Continue.”
- Preview and adjust the size of each asset.
- Click “Apply Image” after all adjustments have been made.
- Click "Done."
Locate your course code.
This unique course code allows users to enroll in the course using the “Redeem” tab in the course catalog. The code has unlimited uses.
If you wish to email personalized codes out to specific individuals, select the "Roster" subtab on the Course Info page.
- Click the “Invite” button at the top right-hand corner.
- Enter email addresses, or click “Bulk” to upload a CSV with emails.
- Finally, type in your message. The individuals will receive your email with the message you typed as well as a course enrollment code tied to their email address. They must then create an account with their email address to gain course access.
These dates include Start Date, End Date, and Meet Times. Click “Edit” to the right of a field you wish to edit. Course dates will appear in the course catalog.
- Start Date: This date suggests to users when they should open and get started in the course. It can also determine when the course is published if paired with “Publish on Start Date”
- End Date: This date suggests when users should be done with the course, and the course will then be “Archived.” Learners can still interact with archived courses, and new learners can continue to enroll if the course is visible in the catalog or they have an enrollment code.
- Meet Times: Meet times allow the instructor to designate weekly dates and times learners are expected to either meet in person or online.
Assign new or additional course facilitators to your course.
- Click on the Course Info tab.
- Scroll down to the Facilitator section.
- Click “Edit.”
- Add new facilitator:
- Click “Add a Facilitator”
- Search user(s) by name
- Assign a role (Instructor, Assistant, or Editor)
- Click “Visible to Learners” if you’d like this facilitator to show on the Course Info page and homepage
- Edit current facilitator:
- Locate facilitator on list
- Toggle “visible” or “hidden” via the dropdown
- Toggle role using the role dropdown
- Remove a facilitator by clicking the “x”
- Click “Save” within the course facilitator section to save your changes.