Manage your course facilitators, including Instructors, Editors, and Assistants.
- Click “Edit” next to “Facilitators.”
- To add a new facilitator:
- Click “Add a Facilitator.”
- Search user(s) by name.
- Assign a role (see roles defined below).
- Click “Visible to Learners” if you’d like this facilitator to show on the Course Info page and homepage.
- To edit a current facilitator:
- Locate facilitator on list.
- Toggle “visible” or “hidden” via the dropdown.
- Toggle role using the role dropdown.
- Rename the name of the role using the text field. This is the role that displays to learners.
- Remove a facilitator by clicking the “x.”“
- Click “Save” within the course facilitator section to save your changes.
The current roles are as follows:
- Course Facilitator: The term for course roles: instructor, assistant, and editor
- Course Instructor (Full Access): Instructor and editor
- Course Assistant (Grading Access): Instructor role only (no editor capabilities)
- Course Editor (Editing Access): Editing only (no instructor capabilities)
Course Completion and Certificates
Manage course completion and certificate options with your Admin Tools.
- Select the “Course Info” tab.
- Choose the "Completion" subtab.
Toggle “On” to allow the course to be completable. This means that once learners complete all required course materials, they will have completed the course. When turned on, learners can track their completion progress from their Lessons page, which offers a percentage of completed materials.
Define what percentage of required materials is acceptable for course completion. In other words, if you mark 10 items as required, and define Percentage as 50, learners only need to engage with 5 required items to complete the course.
Award Certificate on Completion
Toggle “On” to award a certificate once learners have completed the course. This means that once learners complete all required course materials, they will have the option to “View Certificate” from their Lessons page. Completion certificates are also viewable from their profile. Please note that certificates are automatically generated. If you would like to customize your site certificates, please contact NextThought.
Required by Default
Decide which content types are required by default in order to complete the course. Please note that by default, assignments will be required. If a content type is Required by Deafult then each time you place that type in the course, it will be marked as required; however, this does not prevent you from manually removing the requirement of one within the content set.
Note: Please note, you have several options when customizing your course with these tools:
- Require materials, no certificate, no credit
- Require materials, award certificate, no credit
- Require materials, no certificate, award credit
- Require materials, award certificate, award credit
- No required materials (if you do not add required materials, no credit nor certificate can be automatically awarded)