New Roles Defined
With additional new course facilitation features, we have redefined and added roles to our platform. The current roles are as follows:
- Course Facilitator: The term for course roles: instructor, assistant, and editor
- Course Instructor: Instructor and editor
- Course Assistant: Instructor role only (no editor capabilities)
- Course Editor: Editing only (no instructor capabilities)
- Site Admin: Can view site-wide admin tools and create and edit all courses on the site
Note: Course facilitator roles can be assigned by other course facilitators. Admin roles are assigned to users by NextThought.
Edit course information
Instructors and editors can now edit course information within the Course Info tab. (Site admin can do so from the site admin tools.)
Fields that can be edited include:
- Course Video
- Course Name
- Course Description
- Course Tags
- Course Assets (Thumbnail, Landing, Background)
- Start and End Date
- Meeting Times
Courses can now be tagged with one or multiple tags (e.g., “English Literature”). This is the first step in allowing users to navigate the course catalog by tags.
Manage Course Facilitators
The Course Info tab now allows an editor/instructor/admin to add new course roles and toggle visible and hidden facilitators.
- Click on the Course Info tab.
- Scroll to the Facilitator section
- Click “Edit”
- Add new facilitator:
- Click “Add a Facilitator”
- Search user(s) by name
- Assign a role (Instructor, Assistant, or Editor)
- Click “Visible to Learners” if you’d like this facilitator to show on the Course Info page and homepage
- Edit current facilitator:
- Locate facilitator on list
- Toggle “visible” or “hidden” via the dropdown
- Toggle role using the role dropdown
- Remove a facilitator by clicking the “x”
- Click “Save” within the course facilitator section to save your changes.
Add block quotes to a reading
The block quote feature is now available within a reading. To create a block quote, first click “Block Quote” under “Types” in the editor. Then, either type or paste text.