Lessons List View
Two views are now available on the Lessons page, a grid view and list view. These options are available in the upper right-hand corner of a lesson.
Grid view, the default view, displays course content as previously recognized. List view displays all resources in a linear, uniform fashion. In list view, select “Only Required” to display only required resources. Learn more about required resource below. As with the grid view, click on a resource to begin.
By default, when content is placed in a lesson, it is “optional.” While in Edit Mode, instructors, editors, and assistants can mark certain course materials as “Required.”
When a resource is marked as “Required,” a label will appear next to the content on the Lessons page.
Course Completion and Progress
Assessing course progress has become much more streamlined, visual, and comprehensive in this feature release.
- Progress is defined by a learner completing required materials. In order for a learner to complete required materials, materials must be viewed (video, PDF, readings, etc.) or submitted (survey, self-assessment, assignments).
Progress can be viewed by instructor, assistant, admin, and learner accounts.
Users can view their course progress on the Lessons page in the upper left-hand corner.
Learner “Progress” displays
- the number of items remaining (i.e,. the number of required items not viewed/submitted), and
- the percent of the course completed (i.e., items remaining divided by total required items).
Similar to the learner, facilitators and admin will also see the progress icon in the upper left-hand corner on the Lessons page.
Facilitator/Admin “Progress” displays
- the number of learners who have completed the course (i.e., the number of learners who have viewed/submitted all required material), and
- average class completion (all learner completion percentages added and divided by the number of learners).
Instructors, assistants, and admin have an additional, more detailed view of progress per learner. Navigate to your “Course Info” page and click on the Roster.
In the roster, the progress of each learner is presented.
Click on the progress icon to view a detailed report. The report presents a closer look at how the learner is progressing through the course item by item. The top of the report presents how the learner is performing compared to his/her colleagues. Learners are sorted into 1 of 5 categories depending on their progress. All required items are listed, and if a learner has completed that item, it is marked as completed with the date.