Course Seat Limits
There is a new feature in the settings of a course that gives admins and instructors the ability to limit the number of users who can enroll. The Seat Limit setting allows you to set a maximum capacity so you can restrict the number of available seats that can be used in any given course. If the seat limit has been reached users will not be able to enroll themselves in the course.
Note: This setting only limits the number of users who can enroll themselves in the course whether it’s free, by invitation only, or for purchase. Admins and instructors can still manually enroll users and surpass the seat limit that is set for the course.
To set a seat limit for a course follow the steps below.
- Click into the course and select the Course Info tab.
- In the About subtab scroll down to the Seat Limit section.
- Select Edit and choose from the available options.
- Use unlimited if you don’t want a set capacity for the course.
- Select limit the available seats if you want to set a limit on the number of users who can enroll in the course. When the limit option is selected remember to type in the number for the total desired seats.
- Click Save once you have completed your selection.
- If a seat limit is set the remaining number of available slots will display in the Seat Limit section of the Course Info tab.
Admin Dashboard Updates
This release also included some updates to a few places in the Admin Dashboard. These changes can be found in the Dashboard, People, and Configuration pages.
Exporting User Account Data
We now give Site Admins the ability to export a CSV that provides information such as an account user's name, email address, username, account creation date and time, and last login date and time for the site. This data can be exported in a few different ways, by exporting all user information for the site, selecting multiple pages of users, or individually choosing the users you want to export information on.
To utilize this new feature follow the steps below.
- When logged into a Site Admin account, select the Admin Dashboard and choose the People page.
- If you would like to download all users, simply click on the export button in the upper right corner of the page.
- If you would like to export various pages of users, select the top box in the left column to choose all users on the page. When you scroll down at the bottom of your screen you can click on the page numbers and continue selecting more users. The previously selected pages will stay checked as you move between pages. Once you have selected all desired users click on the export button.
- If you would like to export specific users, select the check box next to their names then click the export button.
- You can also follow the same steps above to export user data from the Admins, Deactivated, and Invitations tabs on the People page.
Total User Count
We are now displaying the total number of user accounts in a site below the online user count in the Admin Dashboard. This information had been previously accessible in the People tab but is now on display on the main page of the dashboard.
Anonymous Catalog URL
This small but mighty addition allows Site Admins to see the URL the Anonymous Catalog is hosted on. When the Anonymous Catalog is enabled the URL will appear below the toggle. Users will be able to access the catalog from the displayed URL and see the available content before creating their account.
To turn on the Anonymous Catalog and view the URL follow the steps below.
- From the Home page of your admin account select the Admin Panel and navigate to the Configuration page.
- Select the Catalog subtab and turn the toggle on to allow users to view your catalog of content without having to be logged into an account.
- Give this URL to anyone you want to share your available content catalog with!
Events Check-In Option and Calendar View
This release also included an update to an existing feature. Now when an Instructor creates an event in a course they are given the option to check-in learners in order for them to gain the completion checkmark for the item if it is required.
Creating Events & Checking In Users
Events now support the ability to check in users to keep track of who attended the event. When creating a required event, Instructors must check-in the enrolled user for them to gain the completion checkmark in the course. Only users who are enrolled in the course can be found and checked in by using the search option. Users still see the normal view for events in their courses, and if the event is required they will have to be checked in to earn completion.
- While in Edit Mode click on the +Add Content button in a Section of your course.
- Select the Events type from the list of content.
- Fill in the information and click Add to Lesson to create your event.
- Once your event has been created make sure the required setting is turned on.
- Now that your event has been made you will need to check-in users for them to gain completion for the item.
- Click into the event in the course. Here you will see the option to Lookup by Name to find users who are enrolled in the course and check them in.
- Search for an enrolled user in the course and select the Check-In button next to their name. Once they have been checked into the course they will receive the completion check for the content item.
- Search for another user to check in or click the back arrow to return to the event screen and view the list of users who have been checked in.
- Below is the view that your users will see once they are checked into the event. If the event is required they will be given the completion mark for the item in the course.
Admins and Instructors can also download a report that lists the check-in information for an event. To download the report follow the steps below.
- Click into the event in your course.
- Select the download button next to the search bar.
- Once downloaded you can open the CSV file that contains the name, username, and registration check-in time for all users who were checked into the event.
Accessing Old View
If you want to get back to the old view for Events that shows the information that was added when it was created, follow these steps.
- Select the event in your course.
- Click on the event title or information icon at the top of the page.
- This will take you to the old view for an event. If you wish to go back to the event check-in page simply click on the title or information icon again.
Calendar Access for Events & Assignments
Users who have courses that contain events or assignments with due dates can access them from the calendar view in their account. From this view they can see the details for the events or an overview of the assignment details as well as navigate to the course the item is located in.
- To see this view users need to click into the calendar in their account.
- Next, they can select the event from the calendar timeline. Here they will see the details for the event. Selecting the Go to Event View button will take them into the course the event is located in.
- After clicking the Go to Event View button they will be taken into the course shell for the event. From here they can read the details for the event or begin interacting with their course.
- If a user clicks into an assignment from their calendar they will be taken directly to the Assignments tab of their course where they can begin taking the assignment.